About Living Clay®
Our Detox Clay Powder can be
prepared for internal use, topical use, and clay baths by following
Suggestions for Using Living Clay®
A clean, properly functioning
digestive tract is paramount to our well-being. For internal
cleansing and daily detoxing you can ingest clay. Doing so on a daily
basis will help clean your intestines and keep them that way.*
Liquefied Calcium Bentonite may be purchased or made from clay
HOW TO MIX LIQUID CLAY FOR INTERNAL USE
- In a blender put 4 cups of water and add
1/2 cup Detox Powder Clay
- Blend on high for 30 seconds
- Pour into a quart sized glass or food grade plastic bottle with a plastic lid
- Wash blender blades clean of clay residue.
Liquid clay does not need to be
refrigerated and will keep for many months.
HOW TO MIX FOR DETOX CLAY BATHS
- In a blender to 3 cups of water, add 1-2 cups of dry clay cover with more water until within an inch of the top. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the bath tub. Before getting into the bath wash the blades of your blender.
- Soak for 20-30 minutes submerging as much of the body as possible. Keep the water circulating by stirring. Relax and enjoy.
- No need to rinse off, just dry off and notice how soft your skin feels. Baths in the evening are preferred for a good night’s sleep.
HOW TO MIX FOR CLAY MASK
- In a blender add 1 cup of Detox Clay Powder (packed) to 3 cups of water.
- Blend on high 30 seconds. Be sure to wash the metal blades soon after mixing.
- Pour into an air tight food grade plastic or glass container with a plastic lid.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 15 minutes with lid slightly loosened to vent and allow
- Use for topical applications.
Precaution If Taking Medications:
Check with your pharmacist to
determine if clay will interfere with any medications. Ask how long
it takes for the body to absorb the medication, allow that time to
pass between taking your medication and the clay.*
Suggestions for Using Clay -
The skin is the largest organ of
our body and can be considered the outward reflection of what’s
happening inside. Used topically, Calcium Bentonite Clay pulls out
excess oils and impurities and stimulates circulation and cellular
revitalization.* Whichever method you select, your skin will thank
you for it!
Benefits of Clay Baths
Because the body detoxifies through
the skin, clay baths are becoming more and more popular for drawing
out toxins and cleansing the skin.
Suggestions for Using Topical Clay
Cleansing Clay Mask draws out
skin’s impurities and excess oils, leaving it refreshed and
purified. Bentonite clay for topical application may be purchased
pre-mixed or made from Detox Clay Powder.
Suggestions for Using a Clay
Poultice (Clay Pack)
A clay poultice is simply a thicker
application of clay mask, intended to be held against the skin for
prolonged periods of time for the purpose of concentrating the
clay’s action on the affected area.
How to Prepare a Clay Poultice:
- Use the topical clay mask
- Apply a ¼ to ¾ inch thick
layer of clay mask over the desired area and cover with plastic
wrap or an elastic bandage to keep the wet clay in place.
The timing and repetition of any
application will vary from 30 minutes to an hour to all day,
according to need. More specifics can be found in the book, Living
Clay, Nature’s Own Miracle Cure.
Proper Handling and Storage of
Follow these simple rules to keep
your clay clean, effective, and active:
- Store away from extreme heat and
- Liquid clay should be stored in
a food grade plastic or glass bottle with a non-metallic lid and
does not require refrigeration.
- Always use a clean utensil when
scooping the clay out of the container.
- Never leave the clay in direct
contact with metals for long periods of time. For example don't
leave the clay in a metal bowl. The clay's electromagnetic
charge will act on the metal severely limiting the clay’s
ability to draw when applied to the skin and may cause the metal
to prematurely rust.
- Keep out of close proximity to
chemicals and strong odors.